Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Introduction to ME

For the past few weeks, I have been experimenting with gluten-free, sugar-free dieting. My younger sister turned me onto Paleo-inspired eating and I have fallen in love, for the second-time in my life. I basically eat meats, veggies, fruits, twigs and dirt. Yah, it's really good. When I eat "clean", like a caveman, I feel this amazing energy that lasts throughout the day. I feel I can do anything... like go to the gym and get my blood pumping. I don't actually go to the gym most days, but I feel like I can and that's all that matters. SIKE! I must go and I will go to the gym (tomorrow) because bikini season is almost here and I refuse to look like a delicious pork roast wrapped in kitchen string.

If you care to know, I work in a sales office where I stand on my feet 38 hours a day (I think it's more like 8 hours a day but when you contemplate standing on your own head to give your feet a break, it can feel like more) and unfortunately my commission is a direct reflection of my mood and energy levels. If I'm tired, I'm so inattentive and can't sell anything, however if I'm alert and on top of my game, you're walking out of my store with a few extra items. Just tell your wife that your new iPad is an "investment". 


Anyway, I was starting to get tired and my sales started to tank until my younger sister, Kiddia, explained that heavy carbohydrates, like those found in pastas, breads, and all of my favorite desserts, are what help contribute to that "sluggish" feeling I got after eating lunch. After a few pointers and Paleo-guidelines from her, I slowly started weening myself off dairy, gluten, sugars and chocolate and funnel cakes and BBQ cheeseburgers with onion rings, and started to feel my energy come back... CAAA-CHIIING!! I have worked the wheels in my head to come up with some pretty tasty treats that will satisfy a gluten-free, sugar-free, low-calorie, or Vegan lifestyle. I am not a professional in anything, especially nutrition, so these recipes aren't super strict and have not been reviewed by anyone other than the people in my house. I don't live with any doctors, so don't listen to them either. I call myself a baker, just like Rachael Ray calls herself a cook. She just got lucky with EVOO. To my friends and family, eat and be happy :)


Cheers,
BSB

No comments:

Post a Comment